How would you like to get trained as a waterfront lifeguard in three crazy days!
Arrive Thursday night, July 27, by 6 pm and finish by Sunday, July 30, at noon. This will be a Red Cross blended course which includes a 7.5 hour online course which you will need to do prior to arriving at camp and a 19 hour practical skills portion at Camp. The cost for this program will include the following:
- Red Cross online portion fee: $35
- Lifeguard Training textbook $32 or ebook - free
- Camp Fee $70
You must register online at liloli.org no later than June 27. Please also contact Betsy McIntee at email@example.com to confirm your place and to receive more information about the online portion
You must be 15 years or older to participate!
Certain skills are required prior to joining the lifeguard training. These are:
- Must be able to swim 550 yards continuously using the front crawl and breaststroke. Your whip kick must be efficient.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds.
- Start in the water, swim 20 yards - goggles not allowed!
- Surface dive to the bottom of the pool and retrieve a 10 lb brick.
- Return to the surface, swim 20 yards on the back to the starting point with both hands holding the object.
- Exit the water without using the ladder or stairs.
- Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed five yards apart.